Construction is expected to begin in Spring, 2016:
The 100% designs for the Holman Highway 68/Highway 1 Roundabout are in the engineering review phase, and the project is on-track to begin construction in March or April, 2016 (after the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am).
Construction of the Roundabout will require the closure of certain lanes and roads, which will impact traffic circulation. The project team is developing alternate routes for travel that correspond with each stage of construction. Once the construction plans and alternate routes have been finalized, they will be posted on the project website: http://tamcmonterey.org/programs/roundabouts/hwy68rndabt.html
How to stay informed during construction:
There are many factors that can affect the construction schedule and the cannot be predicted in advance. To ensure the community receives up-to-date information on upcoming road closures and traffic delays, the Holman Highway 68 Roundabout Public Outreach Team will provide project updates on a variety of communication platforms:
- Project Webpage — http://tamcmonterey.org/programs/roundabouts.hwy68rndabt.html
- Construction Camera — beginning in March 2016, view the construction site in real-time (more information coming soon).
- Newspaper: Updates will be released to the local media throughout construction.
- Radio: Information about road closures and alternate routes will be reported on local racio stations (more information coming soon).
- Email Notifications: Receive up-to-date project and construction information via email. Sign up online by going to the project webpage; or email the Public Outreach Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Holman Highway 68 Roundabout and project videos please visit: http://www.tamcmonterey.org or contact Ariana Green, Public Outreach Manager — 831-775-4403, email@example.com